söndag 13 mars 2011

Ytlighetens "evangelium"



Det sorgliga med vinnaren och de flesta låtar som kom fram på melodifestivalen, är hur ytligheten nästan blivit evangelium för världens människor. Är det inte pinsamt att sjunga att folk kommer att tycka om mig när jag blir populär, och att det är först då man får vad man ville ha.

"My body wants you girl
I'll get you when I'm popular
I put my hands up in the light
You see me dancing for my life
I will be popular, I will be popular
I'm gonna get there, popular

Spread the news I'm gonna take the fight
For the spotlight, day and night
I can take this to the number one
Be someone, before you're gone"

Tydligen inte. Det är ju sanningen för dessa. Men varför vill de inte ha något mer? Det är ju inte helt obekant att popularitet och kändisskap snarare än att det berikar livet skapar en känsla av tomhet. Den världsberömda popartisten Cliff Richard skrev:

"It was a few years into my show-business career when I first sensed a sort of incompleteness. I don’t know how else to put it. It was as though there was something more to life despite the fact that I had so much going for me. Certainly as much fame, fortune and popularity as any one person could handle. The girls screamed, hits came regularly, accountants were employed to cope with the income, but despite all that, it didn’t add up to satisfaction. When I went home and took off the public ‘mask,’ which I guess we all wear some of the time, I still had to live with the real me. And, although I don’t suppose I was any worse—or any better, come to that—than the next person, I knew that success, fans and money were no compensation for being restless deep within me.

It was a few years later before I really understood the reason for this restlessness and literally for years I kept up a barrage of questions and argument. Looking back, I’m grateful that there were those around me who could not only answer, but who were able to put God’s love into practice. Actions always speak louder than words, and somehow I saw in their lives what was patiently and repeatedly explained to me. ‘For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.’ (John 3:16)"

Här är hela storyn:

Och här är Siewert Öholms tänkvärda analys av melodifestivalen:

2 kommentarer:

  1. Mycket intressant och bra skrivet. Tack!

    Det är ju så mycket ytlighet nu, och man undrar hur mycket värre det kan bli liksom?

    /Sara

    SvaraRadera
  2. Haggan, ja, och det är lätt att dras med. Jag kollade på melodifestivalen och kan tycka att många av låtarna är trallvänliga. Men det blir lite läskigt om man börjar sjunga på texter med bara yta som budskap och kanske börjar påverkas av dem av fast man anser att livet är mycket mycket mer än glans och glamour.

    SvaraRadera